Fluorocarbon (FPM, FKM, Viton®)
Fluorocarbon is a well- known high performance rubber, and especially it has excellent resistance to high temperature, ozone, weather, oxygen, mineral oil, fuels, hydraulic fluids, aromatics and many organic solvents and chemicals. Now we can supply parts made by:
Viton® system gum like general type (A-TYPE, 66% fluorine), middle fluorine content type (B-, GBL-TYPE, 67~68.5% fluorine), high fluorine content type (F-, GF-TYPE,70% fluorine ), improving low temperature flexibility type (GLT-, GFLT) and excellent resistance to more chemicals and solvents-- Viton® ETP Extreme.
We also can supply excellent acid and alkali resistance parts made by Viton® TBR .
Cure system – Bisphenol cured vs. Peroxide-Cured
Standard FKM compounds are Bisphenol cured. FKM compounds with peroxide-cured possess better acid solution resistance than the bisphenol cured, and can replace litharge-cured applied in acid solution. In Some lubricants adding a few organic amide or amine, choosing peroxide curing system Viton® will be better than bisphenol curing system.
Other Common Variations
• FKM can also be submitted for approval to Underwriters Laboratories (UL) for use in applications as prescribed in UL157.
• FKM has excellent resistance to high temperature, oil, solvent, flame, chemical and weather, and it is usually applied in automotive, chemical processing, aerospace and many industrials.
• Viton® GLT is broadly used in thermal range of -40℃ to +250℃ and it has outstanding resistance to aggressive HTS-type oils which are commonly used in aerospace industry.
• Viton® ETP is usually applied in chemical industrial.
• In some fuels adding several methanol, Viton® F and B-type are more usable than A-type especially F-type. If it requires lower temperature, GFLT and GBLT will be available .
• Viton® TBR 605C(TFE/propylene polymer) is better base and steam resistant than other general Vitons. It can be use in amine, amide and some bases.
ASTM D 1418 Designation: FKM
ISO/DIN 1629 Designation: FKM
ASTM D2000 / SAE J 200 Codes: HK
Standard Color(s): Black
Hardness Range: 50 to 90 Shore A
Relative Cost: High
Standard Low Temperature: -26°C / -15°F
Standard High Temperature: 232°C / 450°F
Special Compound Low Temperature: -40C / 40°F
Special Compound High Temperature: 275°C / 525°F
Performs Well In...
Doesn't Perform Well In...
Vton® is a registered trademark of DuPont Performance Ploymers.